Back
Posted by ThatHelps Team
59 Joined
Ongoing
Anywhere

Interest: Poverty & Hunger

Purpose: Petition

Under 5 mins.

Before the pandemic, around 40% of Americans struggled to pay for basic necessities including housing. 70% of those experiencing homelessness are individuals, and the remaining 30% are families with children.

Section 8 is a program in America that provides people with assistance meant for paying rent. There is a waitlist for this assistance that can be longer than 2 years.

You can take a stand and help fight for affordable housing for all Americans when you...

-Tap "Join" above.

-Discover the details of the petition, and add your name to show support at

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/housing-is-a-human-right-sign-the-petition-demand-congress-pass-a-homes-guarantee-for-all?source=20191204_HomesGuarantee_ACRE&referrer=group-action-center-on-race-and-the-economy&link_id=4&can_id=655968a96e1bce05c463b2f640bf633c&email_referrer=email_683759&email_subject=no-more-slumlords-please-read

-Tap "Complete" below, and be sure to share to inspire others to get involved.

Build your helping network by inviting others to join.

Photo Credit: iaphs.org

Source: usnews.com, endhomelessness.org, eligibility.com, homeforward.org

COMMENTS