There can be a lot of answers to this question, and I am sure that we’ve all come home to a pile of junk mail now and again. While we simply toss these items in the garbage or hopefully a recycling bin, it’s a bit staggering to know how big a problem this is.
5.6 million tons of catalogs and other pieces of junk mail end up in US landfills annually. Yes, annually!!
Here are some ideas to help you reduce the junk mail you’re receiving.
- Click “Join” above.
- Here are some online services that can help:
1. http://www.catalogchoice.org: They offer a free service that helps you stop unwanted junk mail and magazines.
2. http://www.dmachoice.org: This site can remove you from certain mail lists. Also, if you want to stop receiving mail for a deceased loved one, or if you want to manage the mail for a dependent in your care, this site has information on how to do that.
3. http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com: If you’re still getting the yellow pages physically delivered to you, head here to opt out.
- Try one or a few, click “Complete” below, and let us know how it’s going!
Build your helping network by inviting others to join.
Source: Waste Nerd