The world has lost 474,000 acres of mangroves (just from 2001 to 2012 alone).
Share the mangrove facts below and help us spread the word about mangroves and the critical ecosystems they maintain. By protecting mangroves, we can help fight climate change — and protect the coastal communities most threatened.
Fast-growing and incomparably capable of storing carbon in their soils, mangrove forests thrive in salty waters, where their root systems form a barrier against erosion and provide a haven for wildlife.
Despite their resilience, mangrove forests are under threat. That's why it's time to act.
- Click “Join” above.
- Share these facts about mangroves:
1. Mangroves store more carbon per unit area than any other ecosystem on Earth.
2. Mangroves help keep people and homes safe.
3. Mangroves may help fight coral bleaching.
- Click “Complete” below, and inspire others with your knowledge.
Learn more about mangroves: http://www.conservation.org/act/Pages/share-the-facts-about-mangroves.aspx?utm_campaign=General&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&s_src=twitter&s_subsrc=General_2019Mar18&utm_content=1552920729
Source & Photo Credit: Conservation International