Animal shelters do the best they can to provide a safe place for pets to live while they wait to be adopted. Unfortunately, many animals don't do well in shelter conditions and can become so stressed that they lose the personality that would have won the hearts of their potential new owners. This can lead to pets languishing in a shelter for years, or being euthanized.
They need a better solution, like fostering.
Fostering is when a person volunteers to let a shelter pet live with them in their home temporarily. There are a lot of benefits to fostering, such as ...
- pets get a chance to relax and recover away from shelter life
- people get the joy of an animal companion without the lifelong commitment
- most shelters cover all pet expenses, so it’s free to foster
The greatest benefit is that fostering saves lives. Pets who live in foster homes are much more likely to get adopted than pets at the shelter
- Tap "Join" above.
- Tap this link to learn 16 Reasons Why Fostering A Shelter Pet Is Basically The Best Thing In The World: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/foster-shelter-pet_n_6720804
- Tap "Complete" below, and share to inspire others to learn.
Photo Credit: Petaholics