In Part 1, we learned about the incredible volume of waste that is generated from passenger airline flights. And realizing that it’s not all easily recyclable is even more disturbing. Let’s reduce the waste!
Let’s look at options each of us can consider to make a big impact in small ways:
- Click “Join” above.
- Options to reduce waste:
1. Don’t print your boarding pass. Move on to e-ticket!
2. Dress warmly (think layers) for the flight, as the airline blankets end up being packaged in plastic.
3. Bring your own headphones and reusable utensils. (Airlines generally wrap theirs in plastic.)
4. Think about going waste free with any toiletries. If you need help getting motivated, take a look at this conscious brands guide at https://greenisthenewblack.com/brand-directory/
- Try one, or if you’re already on your way, let us know by clicking “Complete” below.
When you “Complete” this opportunity, you might be inspiring someone to take the next step.
Source: Green is the New Black
Photo Credit: BBC