6 Campaigns Showing Their True Colors For Pride Month
What do social media, sneakers, and underwear all have in common? They’re all ways you can show your support for the LGBTQ community during Pride Month. Check out the fun and inventive#PrideMonth2017 campaigns that are spreading awareness and raising money for LGBTQ rights!
1. Converse’s 2017 Converse Pride Collection. Converse is donating all net proceeds from the collection to the It Gets Better Project and the Happy Hippie Foundation, organizations that both focus on providing support for young people in the LGBTQ community worldwide. After making your purchase in store, you can grab a free “Yes To All” poster and display your pride proudly.
2. MeUndies’ Celebrate Yourself. MeUndies has released a line of men’s and women’s underwear with a very bold “celebrate” print. For every pair sold, $1 will be donated to the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
3. Human Rights Watch’s #Chechnya100. Human Rights Watch is at the forefront of fighting to end violent, anti-gay attacks in Chechnya and they want you to spread the word on social media. You can tweet your support or change your profile picture on Facebook. (Go here, then search for “Chechnya” to change your Facebook profile picture.)
4. American Eagle’s 2017 Pride Collection. The clothing retailer is donating all of its proceeds from the Collection to the It Gets Better Project. Happy shopping!
5. Instagram’s #VisibleMe. The social media platform is showing their support with pride stickers and a rainbow brush in their Stories feature, as well as a #VisibleMe hashtag that recognizes individuals and organizations doing social good in the LGBTQ community.
6. Spotify’s Pride playlist. Spotify is offering up an array of playlists and podcasts to energize and uplift. Turn up your volume and decide what playlist you want to blast first!
And there’s one more way to help: download our app to find more opportunities to show your support for Pride!
Photos: @converse, MeUndies, @hrw, @americaneagle, Shorty Awards, Spotify