The more we consume animal products (meat, cheese, etc), the greater the demand for those products, which means more factory farming of animals. Here are a few quick facts:
• more than 80billion animals are slaughtered for food each year
• farmed animals are often kept in inhumane factory conditions
• factory farming damages the environment by causing about 15% of greenhouse gas emissions each year
If we all pick even just one day per week to eat plant-based meals, we can make a huge impact globally. Eating more plant-based meals will decrease demand for meat, dairy, or other animal products, which means fewer animals being harmed for food.
- Tap "Join" above.
- Tap this link to learn more: https://www.hsi.org/issues/plant-based-eating/
- Tap "Complete" below, and share to spread the word.
Source: Humane Society International
Photo Credit: Getty